Wiivv is making custom fitted sandals in San Diego, California using a digital map created from a smartphone app. The Wiivv sandals foot app for iOS and Android smartphones creates biomechanically comfortable fitting sandals that help tired and sore feet. Wiivv sandals have many features including a custom toe thong and toe grips, no rub toe thong, 100% recyclable sandal bed, adjustable straps, 3D printed arch support, and interchangeable straps.
As shown in the following table, custom fit sandals offer many benefits over traditional flip flops.
|Customary Flip Flops||Wiivv Custom Fitting Sandals|
|• Absence of curve support can bring about issues in your feet and lower back.
• Flip flop toe thongs can hurt and cause blisters.
• Ineffectively fitting straps allow feet to slide.
• Absence of padding means more adverse effects on your body.
|• Custom fit 3D printed curves bolster your feet and lower body.
• Triple-thickness foot beds give daily comfort.
• Heel inserts act like shock absorbers.
• Custom placed toe thongs that don’t rub eliminate blisters.
• Custom fitting straps bolster feet on every step.
So far, Wiivv has raised $239,615 through a Kickstarter crowdfunding effort for its custom fitted sandals. The Wiivv Company started fundraising in March 23, 2017 and set a fundraising goal of $250,000.
Wiivv developed reward tiers for its crowdfunding supporters, including:
- Early bird special for pair of Wiivv sandals for $70. Pair of sandals with customizable straps for $79.
- 2 pairs for custom fit sandals for $135.
- Frank Beneduci sandal design for $275.
- 50 pairs for custom fit sandals for $5,000.
Many of the Wiivv sandal rewards include free shipping in the USA.
Wiivv is located in San Diego, California and was started up by Louis Victor Jadavji and Shamil Hargovan in 2014.